Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baking Extravaganza

My love for baking has taken over the Adams' household lately. I can't go one weekend without baking at least one sweet thing. Kyle now asks what it is that I will be baking each weekend. It is definitely not flattering for the figure, but I just keep telling myself that it is stress relief. :)

Here are a few things that I have made lately.

These are mini cupcakes made out of one of my cupcake books. They are actually semi-healthy (as far as chocolate cupcakes go :)). They use yogurt instead of butter and skim milk. They are also mini so you don't have to eat a big cupcake when you just want a snack. Hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night, right?

These are called Double White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt. Whoa! That's a mouthful! These are from one of my favorite blogs- picky-palate.com- and they are delish!
*Side note: Are those salt and pepper shakers adorable? My heart flutters when I look at them!
Here's another view where you can see the pretzel pieces. I love pictures of food. Is this a problem? I don't think so.
Another treat from Picky Palate. Oh my goodness- this is Heaven in a jar! It is good on just about anything but mostly when eaten straight from the jar- I mean, so I have heard.... I would never do that myself....
Sea Breeze Cupcakes consisting of grapefruit and cranberry juice with cranberries inside and on top. Very refreshing cupcakes!
These are very rich, very wonderful cinnamon rolls that Kyle and I were excited to wake up to one Sunday morning before church. It makes a sheet and a half worth of cinnamon rolls, so we stuck them in the freezer and take them out individually and nuke in the microwave for a few seconds. They are still wonderful even reheated!
Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies, courtesy of Pioneer Woman. If you don't read her blog, stop reading this boring post and read her's right now... she is wonderful!! By far my favorite blogger. She is a wonderful writer, fabulous photographer, and terrific cook! Couldn't that talent be spread around more evenly? I think so.
These cookies are made with malted milk powder and are sooo good! This recipe makes a huge batch so beware- you will have cookies for weeks!
See how flat they are? But, so wonderful! She tells you in her step-by-step how-to exactly how to bake them so that they will be either chewy or crisp. Your choice!


Well that is all for now- I have head to the kitchen because I have a sudden desire to eat anything or everything in sight! Another post is soon to follow with a DIY project that Kyle and I have been working on all weekend. It is something that I am very excited about!!

Have a great week!
- Megan

1 comment: