Sunday, August 22, 2010

Work, Tests, and Football!

It has taken me a while to update my blog. Two weeks ago I started my job as a speech pathologist with Leander ISD. As most of you know, I really want to work in the medical field but this is going to be a great experience and one that will be good to have under my belt. I am looking more on the bright side which is helping me to get more and more excited about my job! I will have a great time working with so many diverse kids. I will be mainly at an elementary school, but I also have a few kiddos at a middle school (For all of you from Hallsville, the system here is different than at home. Elementary is Pre-K-5 and MS is 6-8, so I have a WIDE range of kids. I am most excited about this.) Since the start it has been a whirl-wind to say the least. I am really enjoying the people I work with, but, oh my goodness, learning all the process and, mostly, the paperwork has been challenging! Although school starts Monday, I won't start providing therapy for about a week so lets just hope everything settles down by then. Whew! Welcome to the "real world," huh?

On a good note, I just found out that I passed my Praxis! This is the test I had to take to receive my license. I am so glad that is behind me. Oh happy day!!

I spent this weekend being a little crafty. I have always loved doing crafts, but I have a feeling I won't have much time for them once school starts. Although, I am glad that I can try to leave work at work and enjoy my life again (unlike grad school :)). I made a few things for my classrooms, but what I am most excited about it my table setting. Football, of course, is a big deal in the Adams family so I decided to be festive and set my table for football season. Also, since we must support two teams I had fun mixing it up! It still isn't complete (I need 2 red and 2 burnt orange plates- thats on the agenda for today!) but I think it is going to be cute. Check out the pictures below!

Don't ask why the fonts are different sizes. The answer is "who knows?" Crazy new-fangled thing...

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting about your job! What elementary school are you working with in Leander? I girl I student taught with works in that district. Hope the first week goes well!

    ReplyDelete