Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trash to Treasure

When Kyle and I got married our friend, Joe, found us this set of dining room chairs for free from an estate sale in south Louisiana. Mom and I recovered them when we first moved to Austin (because they were terrible the way they came) but never got around to finishing them. This weekend mom came to town and we decided to redo them as our weekend project. This time we finished the project and did them the correct way so hopefully they will last (the first time we didn't cover them properly so they were already falling apart, with the cat's help of course!). It took us what seemed like FOREVER to get them done, but I think the finished project was definitely worth it! I wish I had taken a before and after but I didn't. Here are the afters.

3 comments:

  1. Those look so great! They look professionally done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look great!! I love the pattern and colors. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete