Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home- part 1

Err... so I just published this whole post and it somehow disappeared... weird. Here we go again.

Kyle and I were lucky enough to get to move into a rent house this summer. It is still in Austin, but only 4 minutes from Kyle’s school and 35-ish minutes from mine (I think I got the good end of the deal-NOT!). We are enjoying the house so far although there is still a lot to do!

This is the living room. We got new furniture- which is comfy to take a nap on!- and a rug. However, the rug is in hiding due to puppy control (tile is MUCH easier to clean) J. Speaking of the puppy, how about we play a game similar to “Where’s Waldo?” We call it “Where’s Moose?”

This is a flower arrangement that I made. I loved it so much that I decided that I will get a few more peacock colored accessories to finish off the space!
This is our second living room –aka- my office/ work space. It is really supposed to be a formal dining room but we aren’t fancy enough to need one. Right now we have a little reading corner and my desk filling the space.
*Note: Your eyes are not failing you. This is, in fact, a hideous mirrored wall. In my attempt to make it look better, I made curtains to go on either end. It is not 100% but hey, what do you do?
Above: This is my messy, messy desk and the pup! Below: We LOVE our kitchen. We have so much more space to store all our stuff and it is the first time either of us has ever cooked with gas. We are still getting used to it but have enjoyed making new things while we still have some extra time this summer.
So that is it for the main living space. I will post the bedroom pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your house is huge!! I love it! :) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is huge! I love the flower arrangement - good job! :)

    ReplyDelete