Monday, October 3, 2011

For this I am grateful!


"It is always possible to be thankful for what is given rather than to complain about what is not given. One or the other becomes a habit of life." ~Elisabeth Elliot

It’s fall y’all! Fall is by far my favorite season. I have been asking Kyle what city has the longest fall season- because I want to move there. stat. Fall is not only my favorite season because of the weather and the football that it brings, but because of the atmosphere and the feeling of thanks that surrounds you during this season. Thinking about this the other day brought me to the above quote, which then brought me back to something that I use to attempt (with no success) back in the day.

Enter a gratitude journal (can you follow my random train of thoughts yet?). Starting this week I am beginning a gratitude journal. Not to detail the events of each day or even say anything memorable that captures a particular point in time, but to remind myself that no matter what the struggles or the downfalls are of the day, there are always things (no matter how small it might be) to be grateful for and that should be the point of your focus verses complaining (which I am the first to admit I have been doing too much of lately). My goal is to jot down something…anything…at least one thing…to remind me of happiness, of thankfulness, and of love that surrounds me each day.

The second thing I would like to try is this:

(And yes, I took this image off of Google images so to whoever designed it, thanks! It's super cute!) In a double effort to be more thankful as well as blog more, I hope to share something with everyone that I am thankful for each Thursday. I hate to confess that my gratitude journal is going to be my number one goal, but Thankful Thursday will run a close second! :)

So who wants to join me on this endeavor? Or who is already ahead of me and isn’t getting bogged down in complaining/missing out on the happiness that each day brings? Anyone want to join me for Thankful Thursday? Tis the Season (oh wait, wrong seasonal reference huh?)

1 comment: